The use of TDOC, provides the following
- Has the complete history for every piece of information
about every document, for example TDOC keeps the history of the status
allocated to a revision of a technical document,
- Obtaining comments and approvals is made very easy with the
TDOC "Comment Sheet" facility,
- Enables communication with trading partners whaever IT
systems and abilities they have - e.g. when sending out a TQ / RFI a
simple form is attached allowing electronic reply from a basic web
- Even on huge numbers of documents, finding information is
fast with a powerful, refinable search facilty.
Some better ways of doing things:
- Need to make sure things are happening on time ? TDOC has
an integrated SDRS (Supplier Document Requirement Schedule)
- Only want part of the document register ? TDOC's unique
"document grouping" allows unlimited subsets.
- Need to know which RFI / TQ's relate to which technical
document (or vice versa) ? TDOC links the two.
Compared to other types of systems:
- Most systems require that everyone on a project is forced
to subscribe to it whether they want to or not.
- TDOC actually generates the basic metric information from
the clerical process of handling a document, whereas an EDM System
requires manual completion of a template. TDOC's information set grows
automatically, whereas an EDM's template must continually be manually
- Whereas an Internet Portal just advises you of documents
you must manually dopwnload them, and manually reply within the portal
which does not allow you to let you
know what you have done with your
copies for your company which is
what TDOC enables.
- TDOC's advanced design ensures that the right person has
the right version of the right document at the right time.
the TDOC Web Site