The use of TDOC, provides the following
- The latest management methodologies,
- A truly scaleable solution, suitable for use on almost any
type and size of project,
- Automated generation of all the industry specific documents
required to operate a contract in accordance with the terms of the
contract AND ISO 9000,
- Regardless of the passage of time and personnel, reliable
records are quickly and easily produced.
- The Commercial Advantage
of using a proven system with an excellent track record.
Compared to other types of systems:
- TDOC carries out document CONTROL as opposed to document
- TDOC manages the inevitable mixture of paper and electronic
documents whereas Internet Portals have difficulty with paper let alone
non existent documents (Transmittals sent for Advice Only).
- The methodologies encapsulated within TDOC have been proven
on thousands of contracts and projects from a few hundred thousand
pounds to hundreds of millions.
Compared to developing an in-house system:
- TDOC is priced such that it will always be cheaper to
purchase TDOC than to develop an alternative, whether for simple single
user, or complex multi user projects.
- Whereas in house development is a "continuous drain on
resources", TDOC isn't. In house systems require to be maintained and
developed. Very rarely will a serious in house developer remain
"product manager" for the necessary decade.
- With in-house development, report layouts are normally
"hardwired" to meet a committee's requirements. If a specific client
REQUIRES changes, these are expensive to carry out. TDOC includes
ReportPro allowing report layouts to be changed quickly and easily.
- The languages that are used in-house tend to be script
based (such as Microsoft Access or Visual Basic) rather than a Rapid
Application Development tool which will generate machine executable
programmes. CA-VO generates C++ code incorporating Pascal where
- The scalability of in-house systems is always a problem due
to the development route: adding a client server engine results in a
different piece of software: TDOC uses "Advantage" which has a "local"
database driver which works on its own for single user setup, but which
recognises when aclient server engine is controlling the data. NO
CHANGES are needed to the software or to the installation !
the TDOC Web Site